LeadingAge Ohio At-A-Glance
LeadingAge Ohio is a nonprofit trade association that represents over 400 long-term care organizations and hospices, as well as those providing ancillary health care and housing services, in more than 150 Ohio towns and cities. The continuum of care reflected by the member organizations serve an estimated 400,000 elderly Ohioans annually and employ more than 35,000 persons statewide.
Senior services providers include senior housing, both subsidized and market rate, adult day care, home- and community-based services, assisted living and skilled nursing. A majority of LeadingAge Ohio members are mission-driven, values-based organizations that provide many or all of these services.
LeadingAge Ohio is a member-driven organization, with leadership elected by peers from around the state. The leadership team is composed of the Board of Directors, including executive committee officers; and Public Policy Congress delegates, who represent LeadingAge Ohio at our national organization. Strategic committees and special interest groups comprised of members from around the state help to develop and oversee governing policies and programs.
Advancing solutions for exceptional care and successful living.
The leader in quality, innovation, and value.
2020 Annual Report
Be the Difference
Recognition & Awards
Director of Government Affairs & Communications
- Leading government affairs and political work
- Serves as lead member communications and media strategist for key association initiatives
- Oversees digital strategy, including websites, newsletters and social media channels
- Provides strategic direction for communicating organizational goals and achievements to members, partners, policy makers and the media
- Serves as primary contact for media inquiries
- Staff liaison to Communications/PR committee, PAC committee, Adult Day committee, and Affordable Housing committee.
Susan Wallace, MSW, LSW
President / CEO
- Staff oversight, fiscal & operations of organization
- Primary contact for policy priority development & advocacy
- Staff liaison to Advocacy Committee, Nursing Facility/Assisted Living Reimbursement, Billing/eligibility and Clinical/ Operations Subcommittees